Our beloved Lahaina has suffered the worst and has been completely burned down, including many of our friend’s businesses and homes. Today Lahaina is well known amongst tourists, but it also holds deep cultural significance for the people of Hawaiʻi as it was once the capital of the Hawaiian Kingdom. Many of you have reached out to see how you can kōkua (help) as thousands have been displaced.
Here is a list of organizations accepting donations:
- The Maui Food Bank is still providing distribution of food to the community. Monetary donations can be made through their Virtual Food Drive online. Donate Here
- Maui Strong Fund The Office of the Governor of Hawaii has directed donors to the Hawaii Community Foundation. The Maui Strong Fund was Created by the Hawaiʻi Community Foundation to provide resources for disaster preparedness, response and recovery, the Maui Strong Fund is currently being used to help aid communities affected by the Maui Wildfires. You can donate online at its website, hawaiicommunityfoundation.org/maui-strong, or you can send a check to Hawai’i Community Foundation, 827 Fort Street Mall, Honolulu, HI, 96813. Make checks payable “Hawai’i Community Foundation”.
- The Council for Native Hawaiian Advancement is partnering with Alakaʻina Foundation Family of Companies and Kākoʻo Haleakalā to match up to $250,000 in community donations for ʻohana impacted by the wildfires. Visit Hawaiiancouncil.org/maui to give.
- The Lahui Foundation helps underrepresented and underserved communities in Hawaii, they are accepting monetary donations for Maui Ohana. Tap here to give.
- Aloha United Way a Honolulu-based nonprofit organization, has set up a Maui fire relief fund that will go directly to support Maui fire victims. Donate here.
- The American Red Cross of Hawaii is currently accepting monetary donations to support their normal operations, including disaster preparedness and response. Monetary donations can be made: Donate Here
- The Salvation Army on Maui Hawaiian and Pacific Islands Division is accepting donations to provide meals for thousands displaced in Maui emergency shelters.
- The Maui Mutual Aid Fund is accepting donations to support Maui families, elderly residents, people with disabilities and those with limited or no insurance
- Maui Humane Society is the only open-admission animal shelter on the island of Maui, Hawaii. You can donate here via their Amazon Wishlist